Health Care Assistant
Hours: Full time 37 hours a week
Shift times: 0730-1500, 1500-2200 – Mid shift- 1100-2000
Location: LU6 – Bedfordshire
General job description
Care assistants are the front line staff in the home. their role is to assist in the provision of high quality person cantered care by working as part as a team along side colleagues, the residents their family/friends and the community to exceed the required standards. as a care assistant you will ensure residents overall comfort and well-being and to ensure residents retain their dignity, individuality and are supported to live as independently as possible.
- To assist in the daily care of the residents, helping with dressing / undressing, personal hygiene where necessary.
- To help residents with mobility issues and other physical disabilities, helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same,
where appropriate Providing companionship and making someone’s day that bit easer.
- To help with the organisation of social activities, and to participate in them to help promote residents’ esteem and physical and mental well-being.
- Maintain contact with family and friends e.g Skype Internet
- Supporting with various activities and hobbies and interests and the things that they enjoy doing every day.
- To accompany residents on community visits where required.
- To help with the setting up of the dining room / room service trays in readiness for meal-times.
- To help serve food, assisting residents as required.
- To help make and change beds, and assist with light domestic duties such as tidying rooms, dusting, polishing.
- To monitor residents’ conditions, and report any changes to the Senior Care Assistant / Person-in-Charge as necessary.
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the Home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health
& Safety Regulations.
- To report all incidents/accidents to the Senior Care Assistant/Person-in-Charge.
- To read and write reports, and to participate in staff and residents’ meetings as appropriate.
- To participate in training activities/course, as directed by senior staff.
- To undertake other duties, as necessary.
- To attend training arranged by the Manager/Proprietor and apply learning to practice
No experience needed as training will be given
preferred but not essential
- NVQ/QCF Level 2 or Equivalent in Health and Social Care
- Care Certificate
- 28 annual leave (inc BH)
- Opportunities to cover Senior shift/ role at £9.41 per hour
- Mid shift- 1100-2000
- Not expected to work 4/5 days+ on the trot
- Must drive or have ability to reach the home
- on going Training
- career progression