£9.50 – £10.00 Hour depending on experience
Job Title: Support Worker/Care Assistant
Reports To: Senior Support Worker/Service Manager
To work as part of a team to deliver high quality care and support to service users using our services.
· To Manage and supervise staff in the high-quality delivery of care for individuals. using a person-centred approach that meets the need and wishes
of service users with learning disabilities.
· To provide practical help, care, and support to individuals to enable them to live as independently as possible. This will include a range of
activities and duties over a 24-hour period (shifts can including waking nights, sleep-in shifts, weekends, and unsociable hours). All shifts are on a
Main Key Duties:
· Helping clients manage everyday daily living tasks by adopting a person-centred approach. E.g. helping them with their laundry, shopping, collecting benefits and managing their money. Where appropriate escorting them to appointments and participating in social activities such as swimming, walking, going to the café for tea and cake, trips to the beach nearby and shopping and cooking, or day service or employment, to promote their mental and physical wellbeing (as detailed in their individual care plan). · Balancing the independence of vulnerable clients with the need to protect them from harm. Safeguarding client confidentiality whilst seeking to promote their rights and
interests and public image within the community.
· Undertaking domestic duties with the clients/the service e.g. cooking with clients, cleaning communal areas and empty rooms (where no domestic staff are employed) and undertake gardening with clients where appropriate.
· Administering prescribed medication, according to the medication policy and as per the service users individual care plan. Support with epilepsy
and requires support with confidence and reignition of lost and new skills.
· Actively empowering clients to gain and maintain control over all aspects of their lives. Supporting clients with personal care (as detailed in their individual care plans) ensuring they are always treated as individuals with dignity and respect.
· Following policy in relation to quality and health and safety at all times. Reporting any concerns regarding client welfare immediately (including suspected abuse) to the Service Manager.
· Operating within clear professional and confidentiality boundaries and abiding by the Company Code of Conduct. Maintaining professional relationships with other agencies,
· Accurately updating records (e.g. log books, handover notes and health and safety documents) as appropriate. Reporting any repairs to the property in accordance with Company policy.
Job-holders will be expected to be flexible in the duties they undertake and will be required to carry out any other duties commensurate with the level and responsibilities of the post, as they may be required. They are also accountable for the quality of their work and have the responsibility to maintain and improve their knowledge and skills, taking part in all mandatory and service specific training.
The job holder will be required to work flexibly to meet the needs of the organisation and to provide cover to other areas where necessary. The role will involve travel
to accompany clients to appointment and communal activities.
The job holder will be required to work unsocial hours, including participation in waking night duties where necessary cover is needed.
Communication and Working Relationships:
- To be a good team player and to work constructively, with colleagues and managers in all aspects of the service. Making a positive contribution, to meetings
including performance management/supervision, team meetings and training events.
- To act in a professional manner at all times in all communications with both internal and external contacts.
Scope for Impact:
Direct involvement in the delivery of a quality service for specific individuals Personal responsibility for their contribution to the development of a professional team
Health and Safety:
To take responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare, of yourself and through your actions, your colleagues. Actively follow the Company Health and Safety Policy Procedures and Safe Systems of Work. This includes following instructions and undertaking training to ensure compliance.
To note, understand and comply with the Company Equal Opportunity Policy.
Required but not essential Training will be given
- Care Certificate
- NVQ 2 Health and social care
- Robust and Comprehensive Training Programme
- Gym Membership
- Health and Wellbeing Support
- £250 welcome bonus for referring a friend.